The Berendries is a col with a length of 944 meter. It is located in Brakel, Vlaams Gewest, Belgium. The average grade of this col is 6.6% with a maximum of 11%. The Berendries ascents from 29 meter at the start, to 91 meter at the top, with a total of 62 ascending meters.
|Elevation gain||62 m|
|Average grade||6.6 %|
|Maximum grade||11 %|
|Minimum elevation||29 m|
|Maximum elevation||91 m|
Download the App
Join thousands of cycling fans in our myCols app for iOS and Android. Connect your GPS, keep track of every col you conquer and earn jerseys!
Year after year, De Berendries once again provides iconic images of an impressive crowd on both sides of the famous hollow road, through which riders and followers make their way to the top. Not that the climb is really impressive. This does not mean that it is a slope without history. De Berendries was part of the medieval manor road from Oudenaarde to Ninove. In this way it also appears on the Ferraris cards of 1771 and the following years.
- Ronde Van Vlaanderen: 1983-2010, 2013, 2015-2020
- Omloop Het Nieuwsblad: 1983-1985, 1987-1996, 1998-2000, 2002-2003, 2005-2010, 2013, 2015-2021
- Dwars door Vlaanderen
- Eneco Tour 2015 - Stage 7
- Driedaagse De Panne - Koksijde 2017 - Stage 1
- Baloise Belgium Tour 2019 - Stage 2
- BinckBank Tour 2019 - Stage 7