San Massimo, Italy
The Campitello Matese is a col with a length of 12.5 kilometer. This is a category 1 col. It is located in San Massimo, Molise, Italy. The average grade of this col is 6.9% with a maximum of 8.4%. The Campitello Matese ascents from 584 meter at the start, to 1.444 meter at the top, with a total of 860 ascending meters.
|Elevation gain||860 m|
|Average grade||6.9 %|
|Maximum grade||8.4 %|
|Minimum elevation||584 m|
|Maximum elevation||1444 m|
Download the App
Join thousands of cycling fans in our myCols app for iOS and Android. Connect your GPS, keep track of every col you conquer and earn jerseys!
The resort is known to cycling enthusiasts for having been the stage finish of the Giro d'Italia several times, with winners like Bernard Hinault (1982), Evgenij Berzin (1994) and Gilberto Simoni (2002).
- Giro d'Italia 1969 - Stage 10
- Giro d'Italia 1982 - Stage 12
- Giro d'Italia 1983 - Stage 6
- Giro d'Italia 1988 - Stage 6
- Giro d'Italia 1994 - Stage 4
- Giro d'Italia 2002 - Stage 11
- Giro d'Italia 2015 - Stage 8