Passo di Gardena
The Passo di Gardena is a col with a length of 8.3 kilometer. This is a category 2 col. It is located in Calfosch, Trentino-Alto Adige/Südtirol, Italy. The average grade of this col is 6.6% with a maximum of 7.6%. The Passo di Gardena ascents from 1.573 meter at the start, to 2.121 meter at the top, with a total of 548 ascending meters.
|Elevation gain||548 m|
|Average grade||6.6 %|
|Maximum grade||7.6 %|
|Minimum elevation||1573 m|
|Maximum elevation||2121 m|
Download the App
Join thousands of cycling fans in our myCols app for iOS and Android. Connect your GPS, keep track of every col you conquer and earn jerseys!
Although the ascent to Gardena is not the most demanding, it is very popular with cyclists because of the atmosphere and the beauty of the environment.
The Gardena pass is one of the historic Dolomite passes of the Giro d'Italia: it has in fact been included in the competition route several times since 1949, on many occasions together with the nearby Sella, Campolongo or Pordoi passes. Despite the important altitude, the pass has never been Cima Coppi. Over the years it has been the scene of the exploits of great champions, including Fausto Coppi, Gino Bartali and Charly Gaul.
- Giro d'Italia 1949 - Stage 11
- Giro d'Italia 1950 - Stage 9
- Giro d'Italia 1954 - Stage 20
- Giro d'Italia 1958 - Stage 17
- Giro d'Italia 1969 - Stage 21
- Giro d'Italia 1976 - Stage 19
- Giro d'Italia 1977 - Stage 18
- Giro d'Italia 1986 - Stage 21
- Giro d'Italia 1987 - Stage 16
- Giro d'Italia 1989 - Stage 15
- Giro d'Italia 1990 - Stage 16
- Giro d'Italia 1993 - Stage 15
- Giro d'Italia 2002 - Stage 17
- Giro d'Italia 2017 - Stage 18